Thompson Advanced Dentistry is your family dental home in Greeley, CO for complete dental care under one roof. From dental cleanings and fillings to tooth replacement options, our team is committed to the oral health needs of you and your family. Dr. Thompson and our team believe in the value and success of relationship dentistry, taking the time to get to know you as an individual so that we can provide the best possible patient experience and personalized care for your needs.
Children’s Dental Services in Greeley
The enjoyment of a lifetime of healthy smiles begins early. We recommend that parents and caregivers bring young children in for their first visit when the primary teeth begin to erupt or by their first birthday. Pediatric dental care can lay the foundation for optimal oral development and healthy habits that carry into adulthood.
The Thompson Advanced Dentistry team provides complete care for the ongoing maintenance of your child’s growing smile and works with you to support a healthy oral hygiene routine at home. We will monitor the development of a growing smile and recommend any dental treatments that would address concerns early to avoid more complex problems down the road.
Children’s dental care includes:
- Dental exams and cleanings
- Dental fillings
- Dental sealants
- Short-term orthodontics
- Tooth extractions
Preventing Tooth Decay in Children
Tooth decay can occur in patients of all ages, including very young children with only primary teeth. Disease prevention is the focus of our dental care at Thompson Advanced Dentistry, starting at an early age. A leading childhood disease, tooth decay is largely preventable with routine dental care and healthy habits between visits. Our team takes time with your child or teen when they visit to thoroughly evaluate the condition and development of their oral health. We provide personalized, age-appropriate care and advice so that they can enjoy a healthy, comfortable and beautiful smile that supports their self-confidence.
Help prevent tooth decay with healthy habits:
- Visit the dentist twice a year for a professional dental exam and tooth cleaning
- Brush twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and floss daily between all teeth
- Minimize added sugars in your daily diet, which also supports a healthy body weight
- Drink plenty of water, especially after meals to rinse the mouth
- Eat a varied diet that includes fruits, vegetable and sources of calcium for healthy tooth enamel development
- Chew sugarless gum between meals to satisfy a sweet tooth and reduce bacteria in the mouth
The Importance of Primary Teeth
The primary teeth or “baby teeth” begin to arrive in the latter part of a child’s first year. These first teeth play an important role in your child’s overall development and maintaining their health and stability is a key reason for regular visits to the dentist.
Primary teeth serve several purposes in both oral and overall development:
- Placeholders for the permanent teeth
- Supports the ability to enjoy a varied, healthy diet
- Plays a role in speech development
- Supports normal jaw function and development
Schedule a Dental Exam Today
If a primary tooth becomes damaged or decayed it is important to have it examined by Dr. Thompson so that appropriate care can be recommended. Any dental treatment is designed to preserve your growing child’s oral structure to avoid future bite problems. Schedule your preventative dental care visit today.