Orthodontic treatment has been revolutionized with the development of clear aligner systems. Today’s patients enjoy the opportunity to straighten teeth and resolve bite problems with discreet, comfortable treatment options. Especially appealing to adult patients, clear aligners can reposition the teeth without the hassles of metal braces, often in less time.
Dr. Thompson is a Greeley, CO Invisalign provider and also offers Clear Correct for adult patients seeking short term orthodontic treatment for a range of concerns. Clear aligners can treat mild to moderate bite problems and create a beautiful, more symmetrical smile that will boost your confidence in your appearance while improving dental health.
Invisalign: How Does It Work?
Clear aligners are specially designed using CAD/CAM software that will create a personalized treatment plan for your needs using your unique digital impressions. Dr. Thompson will use a handheld device to take your impressions in the comfort of our office. The high-resolution imagery is used to evaluate your bite as part of the planning process and to design your unique aligners.
The clear aligner system will gradually reposition the teeth with gentle forces that produce minimal to no discomfort for most patients. Some will experience a pressure sensation after a new pair of aligners is placed, but this is temporary and typically managed easily with an over the counter pain medication.
The number of aligners, which will determine your overall treatment time, is dependent on the severity of your dental health concerns or your cosmetic goals. Dr. Thompson will provide an estimated treatment time after your initial consultation and periodic checkups throughout your treatment will ensure your progress is on track.
Clear Braces: What are the benefits?
When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many adult patients resist treatment due to the embarrassment associated with wearing traditional metal braces and the added inconveniences of diet restrictions and discomfort. These are not concerns when being treated using clear aligners. Bith Invisalign and Clear Correct offer patients several key benefits to consider:
- Discreet orthodontic treatment: virtually invisible, clear aligners will straighten your smile without anyone knowing you are wearing braces.
- Comfortable treatment: the clear aligners are made of a special type of plastic material that does not irritate the soft tissues and the gums, a common issue with metal wires and brackets.
- Faster treatment times: when compared to traditional options, clear aligners often achieve treatment goals in less time.
- NO dietary restrictions: enjoy your favorite foods when using Invisalign or Clear Correct because the aligners can be removed for meals and snacks.
- Easy oral hygiene: removable aligners make it easy to brush thoroughly and floss daily to minimize your risk of tooth decay and other dental concerns.
Schedule An Invisalign Consultation
Ready for a straighter, healthier smile? Schedule a visit with Dr. Thompson in our Greeley dental office to discuss your needs and learn more about Invisalign and Clear Correct. Call our office at 970.205.9614 or request an appointment online. We welcome new patients and offer personalized dental care in Greeley for your specific needs and aesthetic goals.