Tooth bonding is both a cosmetic and restorative dental treatment that can improve the health and beauty of your smile. Chipped teeth, cracked teeth, and worn teeth can often be easily and quickly repaired with tooth bonding in our Greeley dental office.
Dr. Thompson is an experienced and skilled cosmetic dentist who offers a personalized approach to your cosmetic and restorative dental health needs. Tooth bonding can provide a quick, painless and economical solution for a range of cosmetic and dental health concerns.
Tooth Bonding in Greeley, CO
The tooth bonding process is relatively simple and similar in many ways to getting a white dental filling. Our dentist in Greeley, CO will use a composite resin material that is color-matched to your natural smile.
- Step 1: Your tooth is cleaned and prepared for the bonding material. Minimal tooth structure is removed. This process is painless and usually does not require local anesthesia, or numbing.
- Step 2: The bonding material is gently sculpted into place. Dr. Thompson uses a steady hand and digital technology to seamlessly match the bonding material to your smile.
- Step 3: The material is cured using UV light. This makes sure that the material hardens and adheres to your tooth. After it is cured, you are able to use your bonded tooth normally, and almost immediately.
- Step 4: The composite material is sealed, polished and will support the beauty and structure of your smile for up to 10 years with good oral hygiene and routine dental care. We will monitor for signs of damage.
This entire process can be completed in a single dental visit!
What can tooth bonding be used for? Tooth bonding can be the perfect solution for a range of (usually cosmetic) common dental concerns.
- Chipped teeth: chips and minor tooth damage can be repaired with tooth bonding, restoring the structural integrity of your tooth and preventing further damage or decay.
- Gaps between teeth: small gaps, often called diastemas can be closed with tooth bonding in most cases.
- Worn teeth: teeth that are worn due to teeth grinding or other dental problems can be restored with tooth bonding.
- Discolored teeth: if you have one or more teeth that are discolored and considered resistant to teeth whitening products, tooth bonding can be used to create a whiter and more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Tooth Bonding FAQs
Is tooth bonding appropriate for children?
Yes. Tooth bonding is often the perfect solution for younger patients who have damaged teeth or cosmetic concerns. Since bonding is not permanent, it can be adjusted to your child’s changing smile. It is economical and completed quickly and easily when compared to other alternatives. Dr. Thompson will recommend tooth bonding when necessary for maintaining the health and structure of your child’s smile.
What is a more permanent solution to tooth bonding?
Consider porcelain veneers for a more permanent, durable, and long-lasting solution. Porcelain veneers can provide the same solutions that tooth bonding offers but is a more permanent fix. We recommend dental veneers for adults with cosmetic concerns such as a single crooked tooth, gaps between teeth, and elongating the appearance of short teeth.
Does the tooth bonding process hurt?
No. The process of placing bonding material on your tooth does not hurt. We do not need to touch your sensitive gum tissue or go into your tooth to complete tooth bonding. Patients do not need to have their mouth numbed for this procedure, but it is an option.
Visit our Dentist in Greeley, CO
Do you have tooth damage or minor cosmetic concerns about the appearance of your smile? We welcome new patients to our Greeley dental office. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Thompson to discuss your needs and discover if tooth bonding can improve your smile confidence.